Bringing Theory to Practice is a national initiative, hosted at Elon University, that works to advance the core purposes of undergraduate education through innovation, advocacy, and research. We believe that all students deserve an education that fosters active learning, public engagement, and personal well-being and that these values require change in higher education. The Program Coordinator will serve as the lead administrator for BTtoP, overseeing its operations, including budgeting and grants. The Program Coordinator will have both campus and outward-facing responsibilities, reporting to the Director and working with him and their staff colleagues to advance the mission of BTtoP, help to develop strategic priorities, and plan programs, activities, and public events.
This position is full-time with benefits, reporting to the Director of BTtoP, for the three years of the BTtoP’s hosting agreement with Elon University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites
• Managing all administrative operations for BTtoP
• Working with Director on strategy and project development
• Directly managing financial operations and budgeting
• Working with Director on fund-raising, grant acquisition, and grant reporting
• Operational responsibility and budget oversight for grants to BTtoP
• Overseeing development, administration, and oversight of BTtoP external grant programs, including project oversight and relationships with grantees, with the aid of student workers
• Working with Director to build and sustain campus relationships and collaborations
• Planning and managing public events with the aid of students workers
• Managing the BTtoP research briefs initiative
• Serving as Secretary to the Advisory Board, including scheduling and planning board discussions
• Supervising student workers who support these responsibilities and staff the BTtoP office
Education and Experience
• MA in relevant field desirable but not necessary. BA necessary.
• Skills and experience in budgeting, planning, and operations
• Skills and experience in project management
• Strong capacity for relationship-building and collaboration within and beyond BTtoP
• Experience managing and mentoring students, interns, and entry-level colleagues is desirable
• Experience in either higher education or non-profit organizations
• Experience with current issues in higher education is desirable; interest in higher education is necessary
• Experience with grant management desirable
Please apply here via Elon University's career site.