Bringing Theory to Practice is a national initiative, hosted at Elon University, that works to advance the core purposes of undergraduate education through innovation, advocacy, and research. We believe that all students deserve an education that fosters active learning, public engagement, and personal well-being and that these values require change in higher education. Our mission requires effective public communications to academic and national audiences, in print, digital, and media formats. The Communications and Public Outreach Coordinator will oversee BTtoP’s current communications, including a newsletter, biweekly informal letter, and social media, as well as expanding its web, digital, and media outreach. Working with the Director and staff colleagues, the Communications and Public Outreach Coordinator will help to amplify BTtoP’s voice in the national conversation about the future of higher education.
This position is full-time (.75) with benefits, reporting to the Director of BTtoP, which has a three-year hosting agreement with Elon University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites
• Curating, editing, editing, and managing publication of triannual BTtoP Newsletter
• Curating, editing, and managing publication of biweekly email letter, Bringing It
• Editing BTtoP research briefs
• Managing, updating, and using listservs and contact data base, with the aid of student workers
• Managing new publication, media, and digital communications projects, including the possible expansion of Bringing It into a multimedia blog, video, and webcast platform
• Managing and curating the BTtoP website, including expansion of multimedia and digital materials, with the aid of student workers
• Managing social media, including creating and posting material
• Working collaboratively with Elon Communications and the School of Communications
• Supervising student workers in support of these responsibilities
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree at minimum
• Excellent skills and significant experience in public communications, including writing, editing, and newsletter publication, in print and online platforms
• Skills and experience in digital media-making, ideally including audio and video programming
• Skills and experience in website content management
• Skills and experience in project management
• Technical expertise with media and digital platforms is desirable but not required
• General familiarity with database management and content management systems
• Strong personal communications skills and capacity for teamwork
• Experience managing and mentoring students, interns, and entry-level colleagues is desirable
Please apply here via Elon University's career site.